The demand for heavy-duty trucks in Australia is increasing day by day. Manufacturers in this country build different kind of trucks, depending on their load carrying capacity; they’re known as light-duty trucks, medium-duty trucks and heavy-duty trucks. A truck which has a total weight carrying capacity of more than 33000lb or 15000Kg, including its own weight, is normally categorized as heavy-duty. This category of trucks is sometimes used to pull a trailer too. Also, it can carry approximately 80000lb or 36550Kg weight with great ease.
Types of Heavy-Duty Trucks
Depending upon the purpose for which the truck is used, these are available in many types:
- Dump Truck: Also called dumper, is a type of truck designed to tilt or create inclination from the front to back to unload materials carried by it. These are equipped with an open-box container hinged at the rear end. There remains a hydraulic piston at the anterior portion of the container with a control panel in front of the driver. Heavy materials like chips, gravels, sand, mud and dirt can be easily carried by a dumper and unloaded at a specific spot. Depending upon the purpose, dumpers are manufactured in different designs and capacities.
- Concrete Trucks: Among various heavy-duty trucks Australia companies sell today, concrete trucks have the highest demand. The container of these trucks is specially prepared to load different ingredients used in concretes, further mixing them within the container and then unloading them at the construction site. The container of this truck is fitted with a rotating blade that creates agitation within the mixture to mix the materials thoroughly. Again, depending on the purpose of the truck, the design and capacity of the container can be changed.
- Garbage Trucks: For clearing garbage and debris, specific types of trucks are used by garbage clearing companies and municipalities. These are known as garbage trucks or bin wagons. Different types of garbage trucks are manufactured by the companies such as front loaders, rear loaders, side loaders, and grapple trucks etc.
Besides these trucks, wrecking trucks and vehicle carrier trucks are also used abundantly. Heavy duty trucks are in fact a great help for many industrial purposes. These can easily carry heavy materials and products economically, thus reducing expenses to a great extent. Check out Ud Trucks
Availability of Heavy-Duty Trucks in Australia:
There are a number of well-known companies which manufacture the best quality trucks in Australia. These Australia based manufacturing companies are also very popular in many other countries. These specific trucks are employed in important jobs only. Hence, users always look for the three aspects:
- Weight carrying capacity of the truck and whether it can actually carry what is guaranteed by the company.
- Energy efficiency of the truck.
- Availability of spare parts and company’s after-sale service.
These heavy-duty trucks have also got wider recognition for their product quality and service. Not only that, the quality and efficiency of Japanese heavy-duty trucks have been improving with the passage of time. Companies are emphasizing more on energy efficiency and environment-friendly combustible system to make them more cost effective for the companies who are using them.Read more