The Barcelona chair or the Barcelona loveseat is one of the most beautiful furniture pieces that you could add to your home or office premises. Over the past eight decades, it has been one of the most revered furniture pieces, a timeless creation which has retained its original design and beauty through various generations. The chair was initially designed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe for the German Pavilion in Barcelona and it was an instant hit with many people. In interior design, it is one of the most respected pieces and is regarded almost as a piece of functional art. Today buyer can find best price vintage leather Barcelona chair reproductions with the same original creations and inspirations.
Both form and function of the love seat is such that only quality materials and a high degree of craftsmanship will bring out the desired look and design. When fully designed, it conveys timeless elegance in any spaces in which it is used. It is an elite piece of furnishing that is often associated with the finest of spaces. With shoddy workmanship, it would be impossible to recreate the spirit, nobility and even intellectual impact of this great piece of midcentury modern design. Poor workmanship with the design and construction of the Barcelona love seat will also speak poorly of the environment in which piece of furniture is placed. Due to the fact that reproductions of these pieces have been going on uninterrupted over the past 80 years, buyers can still find best price vintage leather Barcelona chairs which are really the finest of replicas of this iconic design. They project purism and the spirit of the Bauhaus as conceived by Walter Gropius.
When you are planning to buy Barcelona chair, there are certain design and material considerations that you need to keep in mind in order to ensure you are getting the finest and closest pieces to the very original designs. These include the following:
· Have a frame that is made from smooth stainless steel. It is important to keep in mind that when Mies was designing the love seat, steel was just emerging as a major structural material used in construction and given his modernist leanings, he was intent in incorporating steel in the design. Today, smooth stainless steel frame is a trademark feature of the Barcelona loveseat. The steel was chosen because the chair needed to be beautiful and functional and it helps in maintaining its modular design. The steel should be used in the design such that there are no seams or braces at the welding joints of the Barcelona chair.
· A higher grade of steel is generally used in the design. However, the frame of the Barcelona chair is sometimes built in chrome.
· The steel used in the frame of the Barcelona loveseat must have a very high degree of polish. This is one of the most distinctive elements of these chairs. It must have a mirror finish or a reflective finish. Check out Metro Furniture
· The upholstery used in the loveseat must be cowhide. One of the best materials for this is a high-grade Italian leather. Ask the retailer if the piece has been made from full grain leather as this typically ages well and is highly durable. The choice of leather of the best price vintage leather Barcelona chair should also be based on the environment where you are planning to use the chair. A business lobby or a home where there is a lot of entertaining must have a treated fully grained leather in order to ensure durability.
· Look at the foam density: This generally varies from one country to another. However, a foam density of 30-36Kg per cubic meter is desirable. It should also have a form of fire safety.
· The love seat is handcrafted with 40 tufted panels. It is best if it hand-tufted.
· The buttons which have been covered in leather need to be hollow metal and must have both a top and a bottom.
· For piping, a rope can be used although cotton and hemp are also ok.
· The cushions on the stainless steel frame should not be oversized and they should not overlap the stainless steel frame. It is good if it fits seamlessly with the frame
Whether you are buying the Harry Bertoia wire chair or best price vintage leather Barcelona chair, buying midcentury furniture is never an easy task. You need to understand not just the design but also the material elements that will ensure you get the highest quality possible as well as the truest manifestation of the midcentury inspirations. For more details, just visit http://www.metrofurniture.co.uk/barcelona-chair-vintage-chestnut-brown-leather.html